Washington State Governor Jay Inslee has signed into effect a 4 Phase plan for returning the State of Washington to normal activity. In order for the Olympic Kennel Club, Inc. to hold its annual All Breed Dog Show and the Specialty Shows in conjunctions with it, the state (and King County or the City of Enumclaw) must be in the Safe Start Phase 4 phase of this plan.
Phase 4 states that if the COVID-19 disease burden stays low and the four capabilities (healthcare system readiness; testing capacity and availability; case and contact investigations; and ability to protect high-risk populations) are met, the governor will issue an order for the state to move into Phase 4. All components of phases 1, 2 and 3 will carry into the start of Phase 4 which would be a full return to public interactions (with appropriate physical distancing).
1. High risk populations could resume public interactions with physical distancing.
2. All recreations activity would resume
3. Gatherings (social, spiritual) in excess of 50 people would resume
4. Businesses and employers of nightclubs, concert venues, and large sporting events would resume unrestricted staffing of worksites, but continue to practice physical distancing and good hygiene.
Based on the above current outline by Governor Inslee, the following plan is designated at this time afor the Olympic Kennel Club Inc. All Breed Dog Show, Participating Breed and Group Club Specialty Shows, Agility, Obedience, Rally, Barn Hunt, Lure Coursing, and Dock Diving. (This plan is subject to change as the details outlined above change.)
1. IF YOU ARE ILL, FEEL UNWELL, COUGHING, SNEEZING OR RUNNING A TEMPERATURE: Please stay home.
2. EXPOSURE TO COVID-19: If you have recently been in the presence of a person who has either tested positive for Covid-19 or has the symptoms (coughing/sneezing/temperature) please stay home.
3. BUILDINGS AND RINGS: To minimize the number of persons in the buildings or near the rings at any one time, be aware of and adhere to your scheduled times. Do not arrive at your designated location more than 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time and exit the area upon completion of your participation. Do not congregate or block building or ring entrances and exits.
4. STAGING AREA: A staging area will be provided outside the Obedience and Rally building. Please remain in this area and maintain social distancing until your class is called into the building. No crating will be allowed in the Obedience and Rally building.
5. ARM BANDS: At the present time the plan is to issue arm bands by group. Tables will be established for each of the 7 groups and the arms bands are to be collected at the designated table well before your show time and no later than 1 hour prior to your scheduled show time. Please know your Arm Band Number when you arrive at the table (and try to remember it until you actually get the arm band). Arrange to pick up all arm bands at the same time and if possible arrange for one individual to collect the arm bands for various individuals. Maintain social distancing while waiting for your armbands. Catalogs at these tables will not be available for your use, but only the use of the individuals assigned to issue the armbands. If you need to label the armbands for particular dogs, please bring your own pen as pens will not be available for use.
6. RINGSIDE CHAIRS: OKC will not provide for any seating around rings. Exhibitors can bring their own chairs but must maintain social distancing between each other and from the rings. Household units are free to sit together. No group gatherings or congregating in the buildings or ringside. Chairs may be left at the ring if desired, at the rest of the owners. 7. Masks: Stewards and Judges will wear masks if possible. Judges will have hand sanitizer and/or gloves available between examinations.
8. RING TENTS: The OKC tents at ringside are meant for the use of the breed scheduled for the ring during that time. Do not arrive at your assigned ring any earlier than 15 minutes prior to your assigned time. In order to maintain social distancing tent space should be yielded to the breed currently in the ring. Please vacate the OKC ring tents as you complete showing in your designated class, unless you will be returning to the ring for “winners” or “breed”. Crates are discouraged under these tents but if you do bring a crate for multiple dogs, they must be removed when you complete showing in your class.
9. ENTRY TO THE RINGS: Exhibitors will line up outside the ring maintaining social distancing and will be called into the ring as each judge deems appropriate. The judge will direct you as to how to prepare your dog for exam. Follow the judges directions. When gaiting with other exhibitors, maintain a distance between exhibits. After placements are made, leave the ring and if you are not going forward in the judging of that breed, please leave the ring and tented area. There will be a separate entrance and exit for each ring, please use these appropriately. The judge or steward will direct those who are going forward as to where they are to wait for winners or BOB judging.
10. GROOMING: Depending on State and CDC recommendations at the time of the Show, there may be limitations and or restrictions on the use of blow dryers in the grooming buildings. Blow dryers may be used outside of the grooming building but not in proximity to buildings or rings. Grooming space in the grooming buildings may be limited as a need for social distancing may require spacing between spots.